Sunday, July 9, 2017

Paris in July 2017 - here comes week 2

Bonjour Paris! Hasn't that first week been amazing? Thank you all - we've had some really interesting posts about authors, books to be read, famous children's characters, places we've visited in France, french music, french chocolate.... and so much more. I particular enjoyed Deb from ReaderBuzz' post on her favourite posts from previous Paris in July events... Its always nice to revisit things we thought were special in the past....

I'm sorry I didn't actually get a post up in past week, but uni assignments come first. Now that's handed in, I can engage a little more here.


Don't forget, this week the French celebrate Quatorze Julliet - what will you be doing? I think our local Alliance Francais is having a moving night and drinks, and then I will celebrate with my french class mates  over a dinner next weekend. Love to hear all about it..

Here's this weeks Mr Linky!


9 comments:

Mae Travels said...

You are so right -- it was a very good week. This one should also be fun!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It was a tumultuous week for me. Still I read lots of wonderful Paris books.

Mel u said...

I just posted on a brand new collection of French Christmas stories published by New Vessel Press. I sent my post to New Vessel. They want to support Paris in July by offering an A R C to all event participants. They posted my review on their Facebook page and made this kind offer. A link to their webpage is on my post.


http://rereadinglives.blogspot.com/2017/07/a-very-french-christmas-greatest-french.html?showComment=1499618467519#c7011008525481277484

They are a small publisher of quality books.

Jeanie said...

Greetings from the Land of Limited Internet! Looking forward to joining in this week with a visit to Giverny!

Tamara said...

Lovely to hear from you Jeanie...

Ive just posted on the Musee du Velo. A memory of the past.

Mae Travels said...

I put a link to a video titled "24 words for Paris" -- I had some trouble getting it accepted. But it's so perfect for anyone who loves Paris -- and since it's done by an ad agency of some sort, none of us will ever capture that many fabulous clips that define Paris!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

PS -- Although the first try seemed lost, both tries appeared eventually. I think there's a problem with the linking software, as I see that quite a few other posts have been duplicated.

Tamara said...

Thanks Mae for sharing the link to the beautiful video. Im sorry about the mr linky..

Ally said...

Due to a very busy month and a bike fall, I have started late, but I will be catching up with "Paris in July". For Bastille day I decided to go with some poems by Yves Bonnefoy :)