Saturday, July 22, 2017

France's entry in Eurovision 2017

One of my Paris in July aims was to listen to more French music but I didn't really know where to start, when one of my friends noted she had really enjoyed Frances entry in this eurovision competition. Here is it - both a really energetic piece and a great video...



For some of my readers, you may not be familiar with Eurovision. It's an annual song competition between participating countries, where ABBA became an international sensation. Its been in existence for 62 years.

I was never quite sure why Australia followed, or even participated in this competition, but this explanation is quite helpful.
 Australia first competed in 2015 when it was invited to participate in a gesture of goodwill for the show’s 60th anniversary and its ‘Building Bridges’ theme. The country, which has a strong Eurovision following, has since remained in the competition, both confusing and upsetting many fans. The simple explanation as to why Australia is in Eurovision is that SBS, its host TV broadcaster, is part of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), which oversees the organisation of the contest; in essence, this qualifies them for entry.
 This years French entry was selected... by the French broadcaster France Télévisions, in collaboration with their television channel France 2, who internally selected the song "Requiem" performed by Alma and written by Nazim Khaled to be the French entry for the 2017 contest in Kiev, Ukraine (Wikepedia)

4 comments:

Lisbeth said...

Great song and great video. I always used to follow the Eurovision song contest, but in recent years I have not. I had not heard this one, but I really like it. Sweden has won quite a lot of times, but the biggest impact on any artist(s) must be ABBA. Thank you for sharing.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

That is a wonderful song, and I'd never had heard it had you not shared it here. Thank you!

https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-perfect-bread-recipe-and-its-from.html

Jeanie said...

I like this very much but I think I must get a translator! We don't see Eurovision here, so I'm especially glad you posted this!

Jack said...

ABBA is just awesome. My parents got us hooked to their songs when we were really young. And till date their songs are so good to listen to...